Key Relationships Associate (Remote)
Main areas of focus: Fundraising, Donor Relations and Experience, Systems and Team Support
Location: Remote - U.S. only.
Eligibility: This opportunity is open to any applicant based in the U.S., eligible to work in the U.S., or with an existing U.S. work permit.
As a Key Relationships Associate, you’ll help make the Key Relationships team successful by empowering them with relevant information on our donors. Reporting to the Senior Key Relationships Officer, you’ll work closely with the entire team to aid in fundraising and system support. You’ll get the chance to build your own donor portfolio, while also adding value through administrative projects like database maintenance, donor research, project reporting, ongoing CRM support, and thank you notes. Your work will support front-line fundraisers on prioritizing their donor relationships and targets. You’ll have the chance to collaborate cross-departmentally.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Managing incoming major donors’ customer service inquiries through Zendesk by resolving questions and/or elevating to appropriate team members for resolution
- Managing a growing portfolio of water supporters at the $6,000-$20,000 level, including existing relationships as well as unsolicited (organic) givers
- Ensuring excellent and timely stewardship and acknowledgment of these gifts from the proper team representatives
- Identifying new opportunities and prospects for the Key Relationships team through research of existing and new donors
- Becoming a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) superuser and a core member of the database support team
- Becoming a critical member of the Water Project Sponsorship donor experience team, ensuring timely provision of thank you notes , water project updates, and completion reports
- Being an engaged part of Key Relationships-related events throughout the year, providing support during the planning, execution, and follow-up stages of the events
- Providing executive assistance to the Chief Development Officer with scheduling, donor relations, and expense reports as well as other tasks, as needed
- Engaging in continued learning around the water crisis and the technical aspects of charity: water’s work around the globe
YOU MUST HAVE…
- A Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of full-time work experience in donor relations, customer service, project management or a related field
- A strong EQ and ability to connect with all types of people
- A desire to advance your career as a fundraiser
- Enthusiasm for the mission of charity: water
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver tasks on deadline
- A unique ability to multi-task and stay focused on the big picture
- A positive, energetic, team-oriented, can-do attitude
- Proficiency in Apple, Google, and Microsoft products
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- A background in Customer Relationship Management and wealth screening tools
- Experience with fundraising and donor prospecting
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You’re extremely organized and detail-oriented
You prioritize well and are able to manage important projects, schedules, and communications in an orderly fashion.
You take initiative
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems that will help everyone do their job better. You love gathering and serving up information in a way that makes sense to the unique needs of the team and the organization.
You’re a great communicator
You can turn data and numbers into effective and compelling messages. You are concise and operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds.
You work well with people
You have experience working in teams and possess the ability to navigate various team dynamics.
You love mining and applying data
You enjoy cleaning, reconciling, entering, sorting, and updating spreadsheets. You find joy in unlocking the power of data and uncovering relevant information to inform strategy.
You love designing new processes
You see through the chaos and enjoy figuring out how to bring clarity out of it. You build processes that make sense and others find easy to use.
The Key Relationships team cultivates lasting and meaningful relationships with our most generous supporters. They work directly with our community to engage and steward donors who either sponsor an entire water project or join the community of givers who cover our operational costs. This caring, charismatic group is often the face of our organization.
At charity: water, we believe that water changes everything. We work with local implementing partners to fund sustainable solutions that provide clean and safe drinking water in developing countries. Since 2006, with a diverse team of world-changers and an unstoppable community of supporters, we’ve brought clean water to more than 12 million people worldwide. With the makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully-crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity.
At charity: water, we value every background, identity, and experience. We believe that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. We are committed to doing the work and challenging each other to be an organization in which everyone is respected and heard. We commit to providing genuine opportunities for all people to thrive. And we will continue to embed diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equality in everything we do.