Data Analyst (Remote)
Main areas of focus: Data analysis and insights, data modeling, data visualization, storytelling and insights, data dashboards
Location: Remote - U.S. only. This opportunity is open to any applicant eligible to work in the U.S. or with an existing U.S. work permit. We are currently a fully remote workplace.
As the Data Analyst at charity: water, you will apply your analytical and technical skills to derive insights from our data in support of our Consumer Revenue business. You will report to the Chief Revenue Officer and work closely with our Marketing and Product teams to set program goals and report on initiative performance, design and run experiments, and generate insights from our data that spark new ideas or have other applications to the business. You will work alongside our Data Infrastructure team on data quality and support delivery of the organization’s data products roadmap.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Working with the Consumer, Finance, and Data Infrastructure teams to analyze performance data and generate insights
- Building custom dashboard and models using available data
- Supporting the Growth Marketing team on segmentation, experimentation, and analysis
- Supporting the Product team on product & program goal-setting and performance data analysis
- Being the Consumer team data subject matter expert
- Surfacing trends and telling stories from within our data
YOU MUST HAVE…
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Statistics or similar
- 5+ years experience in business intelligence or data analysis
- Proficiency with BI tools such as Looker
- Proven ability to find and tell stories from data sets
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of statistical significance and experiment design
- Experience collaborating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to ensure that the right questions are being answered and to iterate on analyses
- Proficiency with SQL
- An entrepreneurial spirit, comfort with ambiguity, and the ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and/or Python
- Experience working with high-touch products and businesses
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You balance art and science
You thrive on bringing strong concepts to life in the marketplace, but know that the best ideas are founded in data-driven strategies and impact revenue growth. You stay true to brand strategy and know-how to assess new opportunities to ensure they are aligned with our values and mission.
You thrive on knowing what makes people tick. You don’t take one data point as fact, because you know there are ten other variables that can impact that information. You’re keen to understand the motivations of audiences, and then share that intelligence to help other teams develop stronger performing strategies.
You get under the hood
Our team digs deep. The integrity of our data is a core value, so your attention to detail must be impeccable.
You have a team ethos
You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced start-up environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments.
The Consumer team is a sophisticated group of product managers, designers, storytellers, engineers, and marketers that power our unique monthly giving platform, The Spring. They focus on developing a first-in-class experience for our Spring monthly donors while building a product that invites transparency, generosity, and community.
At charity: water, we believe that water changes everything. We work with local implementing partners to fund sustainable solutions that provide clean and safe drinking water in developing countries. Since 2006, with a diverse team of world-changers and an unstoppable community of supporters, we’ve brought clean water to more than 12 million people worldwide. With the makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity.
At charity: water, we value every background, identity, and experience. We believe that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. We are committed to doing the work and challenging each other to be an organization in which everyone is respected and heard. We commit to providing genuine opportunities for all people to thrive. And we will continue to embed diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equality in everything we do.