Main areas of focus: Talent acquisition, ATS Management, DE&I, Training
Location: This opportunity is remote and open to any applicant based in the U.S., eligible to work in the U.S., or with an existing U.S. work permit.
You’ll own an innovative and efficient recruitment strategy to attract and retain top talent across all departments of the organization.
As the Recruiter, you’ll support our people initiatives at charity: water by helping attract the best talent to our growing team! You’ll lead the execution of talent acquisition and work with hiring managers across the organization as a strategic partner. Reporting to the Director of People and Culture, you will help to increase awareness of our vibrant employer brand, open opportunities, and incredible employee benefits. You’ll be an integral part of supporting the organization’s growth. As a member of the People and Culture team, you’ll be both a champion of our culture and help to highlight the value that each member of our team brings to our organization.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Partnering and communicating regularly with hiring managers across all departments to build high performing teams
- Managing the full recruitment process from role development to close
- Utilizing multiple resources and techniques to source candidates
- Managing all paid and unpaid job boards and recruitment channels
- Working with a high volume of candidates while delivering a positive and thoughtful candidate experience
- Building candidate pipelines for critical and harder to fill positions
- Supporting DE&I goals and objectives by proactively building a strong pipeline of qualified candidates from underrepresented groups
- Working with hiring managers to mitigate bias throughout the hiring process
- Developing and facilitating regular trainings and alignment exercises with hiring managers and teams
- Implementing a robust applicant tracking system and developing the appropriate policies and procedures
- Actively promoting charity: water as an employer and building key relationships with career networks and groups to increase visibility of our employer brand
- Supporting the onboarding process for new hires and assisting with onboarding trainings as needed
- Supporting the overall goals of the People and Culture team, and acting as a thought partner for organization-wide people initiatives
YOU MUST HAVE…
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of relevant recruitment experience
- A proven ability to build and foster relationships at all levels of an organization
- A strong work ethic and experience with confidential or sensitive information
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Hands on experience recruiting for a tech-startup or non-profit
- Experience evaluating, implementing, and training teams on an applicant tracking systems (ATS)
- A professional HR accreditation through a nationally certified organization (SHRM or HRCI)
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You’ve got a proven track record
You have experience recruiting top talent in a fast-paced environment. You’re a true talent acquisition specialist with a broad range of hands-on experience. You can handle just about anything that comes your way and can develop recruitment strategies that are effective, innovative, and best in class.
You are an excellent communicator
Clear, consistent, and compelling communication is everything to you. You're passionate about giving every person who applies an unforgettable experience. You are an active listener and you articulate your vision clearly.
You’re know how to source
You enjoy the thrill of uncovering new ways to find and build qualified and diverse candidate pipelines and are willing to go the extra mile to proactively gain the attention of active and passive job seekers.
You’re a quick learner
You absorb information quickly and have the ability to confidently articulate the needs and vision of others. You make it your business to deeply understand roles and departments across the organization so you represent them with confidence.
You’re so organized, it’s embarrassing
When something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way. You can handle and prioritize multiple projects of various origins at once. You can turn any meeting or email thread into actionable and prioritized items for multiple people.
You drive things forward
You know how to unify cross-functional teams to keep processes, projects, action items, and recruitment efforts moving forward. You love to execute, you’re a natural leader, and you have results to prove it.
You are a culture-champion
You are able to get others excited about the “why” behind the work and constantly be a model of our values. You are passionate about your work and what it means.
The People & Culture team champions a team-focused and values-driven people experience that is intentional at each stage of the employment journey. Whether a long-term office project, an all-staff event, a medical benefit, or a new open role to fill, we partner with every level of the organization, equipping and supporting each staff member. We lead with generosity and prioritize care for the team, inviting feedback, and seeking to continually grow and innovate.
At charity: water, we believe that water changes everything. We work with local implementing partners to fund sustainable solutions that provide clean and safe drinking water in developing countries. Since 2006, with a diverse team of world-changers and an unstoppable community of supporters, we’ve brought clean water to more than 12 million people worldwide. With the makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully-crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity.
At charity: water, we value every background, identity, and experience. We believe that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. We are committed to doing the work and challenging each other to be an organization in which everyone is respected and heard. We commit to providing genuine opportunities for all people to thrive. And we will continue to embed diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equality in everything we do.