Key Relationships Experience Contractor (Remote)
Main areas of focus: The Key Relationships Experience team is looking for a contractor from September 2021 - January 2022 to help support during a busy events time and ensure that charity: water's donor relationship experience remains on track.
Location: This opportunity is for a remote contractor.
You’ll partner the Key Relationships Experience Director and Coordinator to execute flawless and thoughtful experiences for our major donors. In this role, you’ll communicate cross functionally across the org, assist with RSVP management, shipping, on-site or virtual event support, vendor research and general logistical project support across the team.
- 40 hours per week, generally sometime between Monday - Friday 9:30am - 6:30pm EST (negotiable).
- September 2021 - January 2022, start/end dates flexible.
- Your point of contact is the Director of KRX, check-ins will be bi-weekly.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Complete project-based tasks in support of our major donor experience, including:
- Impact reports for Well Member renewals
- Thoughtfully-sourced, country-specific onboarding gifts
- Staff videos for New Well members
- Onboarding packages for New Well members
- Shipping of gifts for Well members
- Proofreading major donor pitches
- Perform ongoing administrative tasks in support of the day-to-day management of our major donor programs, including:
- Pulling email, shipping, birthday, anniversary lists
- Salesforce data review and reporting (cross-referencing docs, installment outreach preparation, updating donor information, etc)
- Manually updating The Well Community site with donor data, and researching specific donor data as needed
- Help execute the Well Dinner series in NYC and LA this fall*. Contribute to the success of these events by:
- Learning c:w’s RSVP management process to help triage the concierge@ inbox
- Researching unique event-related gifts and vendors
- Supporting the KRX Event Manager on-site with any tasks during event weekend(s)
- Creating docs, sheets, and data sets
- Research and recommend 3 NYC and LA lodging options for out-of-town guests
- Support the planning for 2 donor trips in Q1 2022:
- Partner with the KRX Coordinator and Event Manager on the Founders trip and Angel Summit trip respectively, by working on guest list, donor experience, itinerary and in-country trip details as needed
*There is a possibility that the Well Dinners will transition to virtual events
YOU MUST HAVE…
- Event planning & management experience, 1-2 years
- Project management experience, 1-2 years
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to turn around tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent customer experience/customer service skills
- High level of responsibility, strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure
- Proficiency in Apple, Google and Microsoft products
- Experience with SalesForce and wealth screening tools is a plus
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You’re so organized, it’s embarrassing
When something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way. You can handle and prioritize multiple projects of various origins at once. You can turn any meeting or email thread into actionable items for multiple people. When something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way.
You value Precision
You’re meticulous. You know accuracy is important regardless of whether anyone is watching, and you strive for excellence in every detail.
You take initiative.
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems that will help everyone do their job better. You love gathering and serving up information in a way that makes sense to the unique needs of the team and the organization.
You’re an excellent listener
You hear the goals of our partners and are able to interpret those and turn them into partnerships that make sense for charity: water. You are able to read between the lines and manage expectations. You can pick things up quickly, because you’re a pro at absorbing information.
You're sophisticated and love people
You have an innate social intelligence. You can relate to all types of people - from bankers, fashionistas and techies, to janitorial staff and entertainment executives - and you're a skilled conversationalist. You enjoy meeting new people; developing and maintaining relationships is a natural tendency. You are likable, engaging, interesting and interested.
The Key Relationships Experience team fosters and develops community engagement by delivering membership programs (The Well, The Pool, and Country Sponsors) that support the retention of our most valuable donors through personalized, high-touch experiences, content, and events.
At charity: water, our team of world changers believe that water changes everything. As a non-profit organization, we work to bring sustainable solutions, providing clean and safe drinking water to those in developing countries. Since 2006, we’ve been able to bring healthier living conditions to over 11 million people in 28 countries. With the inner makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation and contagious passion. When we’re not eating pizza, gathering for Bagel Breakfasts, or Friendsgiving Feasts, we’re working side-by-side to create beautifully crafted stories and a powerful brand that inspires a whole new kind of generosity.