Monitoring and Evaluation Senior Manager (Remote)
Main areas of focus: Data collection, Data management, Data analysis, Data synthesizing, WASH programming, Training enumeration, Surveys and statistical tools, Consultant management, Teaching, Presenting
Location: charity: water is fully remote and hires from all 50 U.S. states. At this time, we are only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the United States without the need of company sponsorship now or in the future.
You’ll lead the implementation of charity: water’s monitoring, evaluation, and learning framework across global partnerships and provide technical advice for the Programs team.
The M&E Senior Manager is responsible for implementing a high-quality framework to collect and analyze program data from the charity: water implementing partners. You’ll report to the VP of Programs and lead charity: water’s monitoring and evaluation framework including data collection training and support to partners for data analysis and reporting. You’ll also strengthen knowledge sharing across the charity: water team and with our international partner organizations.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Overseeing our M&E strategy to bring evidence-based understanding of our partners’ work in the field and supporting the application of findings toward continuous program improvement
- Supporting partners to collect quality data within charity: water’s M&E framework, which may include supporting partners with data collection, submission of baseline, endline, and post-implementation data collections, data cleaning, analysis, and final reporting
- Aggregating, analyzing, and visualizing data across charity: water’s diverse implementing partners to contribute to decision-making and program strategies
- Maintaining the M&E database and data visualizations for use by the Water Programs team to compare results across the portfolio
- Leading and managing staff and/or consultants to successfully meet M&E objectives
- Ensuring partners’ national M&E staff accomplish quality data collection, sampling, use of mobile data collection technology, and water quality testing (includes international travel)
- Sharing selected learnings across the charity: water network and sector (this may include conferences, publications, presentations, or web-based seminars)
YOU MUST HAVE…
- 5+ years of experience working in internationally-focused monitoring and evaluation within the WASH sector (or significant exposure to the WASH sector)
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Public Policy, Public Health, Engineering or related field
- Strategic thinker who is also hands-on, independent, and detail-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Comfort with both quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and data analytics software (R, SPSS, STATA, and/or SAS,) and experience with mobile data collection tools (mWater, Akvo Flow, or other)
- Ability and willingness to travel to Africa and Asia (up to 30% travel)
- Proven success in designing and implementing monitoring & evaluation systems from start to close
- Proven ability to compile and synthesize complex information and communicate it effectively across diverse audiences
- Strong knowledge of major monitoring and evaluation methodologies, survey design and development, sampling strategies, data collection, and data entry/cleaning
- Experience in developing survey tools and data collection methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects that include wide-ranging stakeholders, administrative project management (service contracts, long-term budgets, etc), and tight deadlines
- Proven experience in training international teams and organizations
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective relationships with partners
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Master's in international development, public health, or public administration
- Experience working with data visualization tools such as Looker
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You see the bigger picture
You're able to break a large project into bite-size pieces while always keeping your eye on the big goal. You think two steps ahead and can see how complex initiatives connect together for maximum impact.
You value Precision
You know accuracy is important regardless of whether anyone is watching, and you strive for excellence in every detail.
You’re extremely organized and detail-oriented
You prioritize well and are able to manage important projects, schedules, and communications in an orderly fashion.
You stay on top of it all
You have excellent communication skills, both while speaking and in writing. You have professional candor and you're great at resolving problems quickly and effectively.
You’re a great communicator
You can turn data and numbers into effective and compelling messages. You are great at sharing insights, but what you love to do is apply real context to findings so that stakeholders understand what it means for them and also how it impacts our business.
You have a proven track record of experience, where it matters
You have successfully worked on complex projects in developing countries. The water and sanitation sector is not new to you. You have successfully completed large and important deliverables.
The Water Programs team works closely with our local partners, vetting, managing, monitoring the programs we fund, and acquiring the information we need to report back to our donors. They manage tens of millions in donor dollars in over 20 countries (and growing) each year. They are the protectors of our transparency pillar, ensuring our partners continue to meet our sustainability and reporting requirements.
At charity: water, we believe that water changes everything. We work with local implementing partners to fund sustainable solutions that provide clean and safe drinking water in developing countries. Since 2006, with a diverse team of world-changers and an unstoppable community of supporters, we’ve brought clean water to more than 12 million people worldwide. With the makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity.
At charity: water, we value every background, identity, and experience. We believe that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. We are committed to doing the work and challenging each other to be an organization in which everyone is respected and heard. We commit to providing genuine opportunities for all people to thrive. And we will continue to embed diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equality in everything we do.