Water Programs Associate (Remote)
Main areas of focus: WASH, International project management, Grant-level administration, Travel coordination, and management
Location: charity: water is fully remote and hires from all 50 U.S. states. At this time, we are only considering candidates who are eligible to work in the United States without the need of company sponsorship now or in the future.
You'll be on top of all the information flowing in and out of our water programs in the field.
As Water Programs Associate you’ll be on top of all the information flowing in and out of our water programs in the field. Reporting to the Head of Programs, you’ll know the status of hundreds of water projects and will keep our records accurate, up to date, and accessible for the rest of the organization. You'll work with a small and hardworking team to make sure that charity: water's funds are invested in the most relevant and effective water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) programs out there. You'll help build new systems that make our partnerships models of efficiency and transparency and position our programs to achieve maximum impact today and over time.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
- Managing and monitoring grants:
- Tracking the status of projects
- Maintaining historical records
- Managing timelines
- Ensuring programs meet proposal conditions and expectations
- Maintaining the grants database and ensure all necessary information is available to partners and staff
- Monitoring and maintaining accuracy within partner grant reporting
- Reviewing partner proposals each half-year and partner reporting each quarter including ensuring clear communication of all revisions with partners
- Scheduling and facilitating meetings, drafting meeting minutes and team presentations, and monitoring action items from both team and partner meetings
- Processing reports and helping in the process of drafting grant agreements
- Reviewing for accuracy, timeliness, compliance with format requirements
- Assisting with travel arrangements for the Programs team including but not limited to managing travel agendas, flights, visas, and maintaining updated country information affecting travel
- Being prepared to take on a variety of tasks needed by the Water Programs Manager and Head of Programs
- Relating the status of proposals and grants to charity: water departments that utilize the data for fundraising and reporting purposes
- Working collaboratively with each charity: water department to make sure their involvement in our water programs is maximized and efficient
YOU MUST HAVE…
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Superb organizational and project management skills
- An organizational and detail-oriented aptitude that extends throughout your work
- Exceptional comprehension and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
- Experience with or exposure to the water, sanitation and hygiene sector
- Experience working in the non-profit sector or in developing countries
- Relevant international work or study experience
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You’re extremely organized
You can handle and prioritize several projects at once. You can turn a long thread of email correspondence into actionable items for multiple people.
You love Excel
You enjoy entering, sorting, and updating spreadsheets.
Your take initiative
You see something that needs improvement and you take action. You propose solutions to problems and research subjects that will help you do your job better. You’re proactive about making sure various departments have the information they need about your projects. You love gathering and serving up information from the field in a way that makes sense to the unique needs of the organization.
You’re a great communicator
You can demonstrate effective partner relationship management by ensuring concise communications of needs and requirements. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds.
You're an avid team player
You're assured in your skills and not afraid to speak your mind, but you know how to put the team first.
The Water Programs team works closely with our local partners, vetting, managing, monitoring the programs we fund, and acquiring the information we need to report back to our donors. They manage tens of millions in donor dollars in over 20 countries (and growing) each year. They are the protectors of our transparency pillar, ensuring our partners continue to meet our sustainability and reporting requirements.
At charity: water, we believe that water changes everything. We work with local implementing partners to fund sustainable solutions that provide clean and safe drinking water in developing countries. Since 2006, with a diverse team of world-changers and an unstoppable community of supporters, we’ve brought clean water to more than 12 million people worldwide. With the makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity.
At charity: water, we value every background, identity, and experience. We believe that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. We are committed to doing the work and challenging each other to be an organization in which everyone is respected and heard. We commit to providing genuine opportunities for all people to thrive. And we will continue to embed diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equality in everything we do.