WASH Partnership Advisor
WASH PARTNERSHIP ADVISOR - SOUTH ASIA
Main areas of focus: Rural drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH); grants management; monitoring and evaluation; international program specialization; partnership management.
Eligibility: Must reside in India, based in a major city (ideally Delhi), with access and willingness to travel to program areas.
You'll manage partnerships with grantees who implement excellent WASH programs in India.
As the WASH Partnership Advisor, you'll manage the relationship for a set of charity: water’s WASH partners in India. You’ll leverage your technical knowledge of successful WASH programming to assist our partners and ensure that effective WASH strategies and approaches are being implemented. You will work within an integrated team to support partners in the administrative grants management processes as well as the evaluative oversight related to these partnerships. You will report to the Water Programs Senior Manager, who is responsible for managing our Asia portfolio. You will work closely with a Program Finance sub-team to oversee financial management for each partnership as well as representatives of a Monitoring and Evaluation cross-cutting sub-team. Within this integrated team, you will make sure that charity: water's funds are invested in effective WASH programs and you will manage great partner relationships to enable this work. As the role evolves, you may also provide support to charity: water’s partners outside of India, in the South Asia region, as needed.
YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR…
· Supporting the identification, vetting, and onboarding of new programs partnerships in India
· Managing the multi-year grant lifecycle for a set of programs partners in India, including soliciting and reviewing grant proposals and progress reports, processing grant agreements and disbursement requests, monitoring implementation milestones, and managing project timelines
· Visiting partners at HQ offices to provide administrative capacity building and charity: water trainings where needed
· Visiting the field to monitor work on the ground and then agreeing on action plans and next steps with partners to address any issues or delays identified
· Regularly identifying opportunities for strengthening technical and operational areas relating to program implementation
· Convening the India partner network around shared lessons learned
· Optimizing partner program implementation through the incorporation of M&E findings and by sharing effective WASH strategies and innovations with partners where relevant
· Working closely with the Water Programs Senior Manager and Head of Programs to establish long-term partnership plans that incorporate lessons from monitoring efforts and M&E data collected for the partnerships you manage
· Reviewing project data for quality and accuracy, maintaining the grants database, and ensuring all necessary information is available to partners and staff for the partnerships you manage
· Spending up to 30% of your time traveling to the field
· Providing support to other charity: water partners in South Asia, as needed
YOU MUST HAVE…
· 3-5 years of experience managing projects in the developing world with a grantmaking organization
· A bachelor degree in a related field
· Pre- and post-process implementation mastery for water and sanitation programs in developing regions
· A desire to manage and develop partners in knowledge and capacity
· English fluency
IT’S AN ADDED PLUS IF YOU HAVE…
· Managed sustainable WASH programs
· Experience capacity-building with international NGO partners
· Fluency in languages spoken in India where our partners work
· Direct international experience implementing WASH programs, including experience with monitoring and evaluation and data collection platforms
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF...
You guide the team
You are skilled at accomplishing things through other people. You can run multiple work streams that extend far beyond your immediate team. You can provide sound guidance for peers and partners.
You have a proven track record, where it matters
You have three to five years of direct experience in project management in the developing world. The water and sanitation sector is nothing new to you.
You’re a great communicator
You can demonstrate effective partner relationship management by ensuring concise communications of needs and requirements. You operate with poise, dignity, and reliability in both your personal and professional worlds.
You’re so organized, it’s embarrassing
When something doesn’t have a place, you make one for it and teach others to keep it that way. You can handle and prioritize multiple projects of various origins at once. You can turn any meeting or email thread into actionable items for multiple people.
You stay on top of it all
You have excellent communication skills, both while speaking and in writing. You have professional candor and you're great at resolving problems quickly and effectively.
You work well with people... no matter how many oceans stand between you
You have experience working across cultures. You're attuned to the inherent hurdles that exist in working across the world to build a program.
You're an avid team player
You're confident in your skills and not afraid to speak your mind, but you know how to put the team first.
The Water Programs team works closely with our local partners, vetting, managing, monitoring the programs we fund, and acquiring the information we need to report back to our donors. They manage tens of millions in donor dollars in over 20 countries (and growing) each year. They are the protectors of our transparency pillar, ensuring our partners continue to meet our sustainability and reporting requirements.
At charity: water, we believe that water changes everything. We work with local implementing partners to fund sustainable solutions that provide clean and safe drinking water in developing countries. Since 2006, with a diverse team of world-changers and an unstoppable community of supporters, we’ve brought clean water to more than 11 million people worldwide. With the makings of a mid-size tech startup, we’re reinventing charity through endless innovation, contagious passion, beautifully-crafted stories, and a powerful brand that inspires a new kind of generosity.
Please submit the following:
· List of references
· Location where you’re based
· Minimum salary requirements
· Willingness to travel throughout India and South Asia (e.g. Nepal, Bangladesh, etc.), as needed